20 Questions – Ajay Sethi
From Auto export, trade and real estate to cricket and media, Ajay Sethi has seen it all in his three decades of business that has served parts of the Middle East, India and East Africa. He launched Cricket 2 Radio through the Internet to offer live commentary of cricket matches. He is now on a different journey that combines the glamour of Bollywood and Hollywood, intertwined with the game of cricket, spreading across South Asia, Africa and the Caribbean. Branching out from traditional business, he is in a different league – owning a cricket team in the Caribbean Premier League and financing Bollywood movies – a class apart from the rest!
Dubai is a city that celebrates success in ways that are simply extravagant. It is truly a merchant capital.
The pecuniary side of the business mogul churns out millions of inches in column space, where every business facet is packaged across various platforms.
But, somewhere in that, the man who made it all happen gets lost. So, here’s to the man he was before he became the man we know.
- When did you make your first million?
- What does your mum call you?
- Who did you have your first crush on? How old were you at the time?
Hema Malini and Meryl Streep when I was 16.
- What was the first car you bought?
Peugeot 305 in Nairobi
- Describe yourself in one word
Down to earth
- And if your wife described you, she would say?
- When you say 5 minutes, how far away are you really?
- If not Dubai, where?
- What do you really want that you don’t have yet?
A home in Beverly Hills
- What really irritates you?
Noisy people in a theatre
- What’s your worst habit?
Being over- anxious
- If you were a superhero, you would be?
- If you were PM for a day, you would?
Call for an early election and dissolve the assembly
- Complete ‘Once upon a time…’
People were simple and genuine
- Ever been whacked? By who?
Yes, by my school friend Ashok.
- Complete ‘I am who I am…’
Because I never give up
- The one thing you will never give up
My positive attitude
- One film dialogue that resonates the most with you
Main aur meri tanhaai, aksar yeh baatein karte hain… tum hoti toh kaisa hota- Silsila
- If you were given a paint can and a wall, what would you graffiti on it?