Dubai is a city that celebrates success in ways that are simply extravagant. It is truly a merchant capital. The pecuniary side of the business mogul churns out millions of inches in column space, where every business facet is packaged across various platforms.
But, somewhere in that, the person who made it all happen gets lost.
So, here’s to the person they were before they became the someone we know.
Stunning, witty, candid and all-round humanitarian, Arti Surendranath, is a multi-faceted woman. In addition to the multitude of things she is good at, she also has an easy demeanour and is a delight to speak to. We asked her to be candid, she gave us candid and then some!
- What was the last book you read?
The strange case of Billy Biswas by Arun Joshi.
- When did you make your first million?
By the time I was 17.
- Who did you have your first crush on?
Andy Gibb and Elvis Presley.
- What was the first car you bought?
A Triumph sports cat at the age of 16.
- Describe yourself in 1 word.
‘Hmmmm’… is that a word?
- Your pet peeve.
Human beings who don’t have respect or regard for animals and nature.
- Going out or staying in?
Staying in definitely! Dogs and kids in a huddle and cuddle
- What’s your worst habit?
Trailing off when someone is speaking for too long.
- If you were PM for a day, you would?
- Ever been thrown out of a club for bad behaviour?
I wish! I’m too boring for that.
- Complete ‘I am who I am…’
But still growing, ever evolving.
- Favorite comic?
Asterix and Obelix.
- The one thing you will never give up no matter what.
Never say never…
- Which concert would you drop everything to go for?
In Another time in the world- Elvis.
- Which film dialogue resonates the most with you?
Tomorrow is another day…
- Who/what is the most dialled number on your phone?
My mum and then the kids [because I’m trying to give them space]
- What kind of charity would you support?
Any with honest people backing it with low admin costs and clarity, where the cause is benefitted directly.
- What was your graduating score?
I didn’t graduate collegeit’s my saddest thought; not a regret because life is the biggest teacher.
- A song that you from start to finish.
‘Mile Sur Mera Tumhara…’
- Ever owned a motorbike?
Technically, very briefly and only by default. A Hollywood actor who was filming in India fell in love with Bullet and he wanted to gift it to someone. But his fame made it impossible… even a sneeze would be a near landslide, so I bought for him.