Ashish Jagtiani, fondly known across the airwaves as Jaggu is an inherent comic, extremely well read, a social commentator with a usually contrary opinion, a closet husband, and a dog lover. In his spare time, he’s a popular Radio Jock, though we suspect it’s because he loves the way he sounds.
Dubai is a city that celebrates success in ways that are simply extravagant. It is truly a merchant capital. The pecuniary side of the business mogul churns out millions of inches in column space, where every business facet is packaged across various platforms.
But, somewhere in that, the person who made it all happen gets lost.
So, here’s to the person they were before they became the someone we know.
- What was the last book you read?
The Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
- When did you make your first million?
In rupees, in my late twenties. In dollars, yet to happen!
- Who did you have your first crush on?
Ms. Moresca, the most beautiful school teacher in the whole world!
- How old were you at the time?
Chronologically, thirteen. Mentally, about eight.
- What’s the lie you use most often?
I’ll be there on time for sure.
- Describe yourself in 1 word.
- When you say 5 minutes, how far away are you really?
Depends on who’s asking, could be anywhere from 10 to 30
- What do you really want that you don’t have yet?
- Your pet peeve.
One car, one parking. Stick to your side of the line!
- Going out or staying in?
Staying in. If I suddenly feel the urge to go out, I step into the balcony.
- What’s your worst habit?
Procrastination. Also, I can’t decide if my enduring love for Snickers is my worst habit or best.
- If you were a superhero, you’d be?
Captain Brunch. The destroyer of bad Friday brunches and savior of the good.
- What kind of charity would you support?
Children’s education and nourishment
- Ever had long hair?
Every time I’ve gotten close to long hair, friends and family stage an intervention. It seems I like look like a
baba in search of a following.
- Ever been thrown out of a club for bad behavior?
It seems I have been, but I don’t remember, which kind of explains it
- Complete ‘I am who I am…’
…till I figure what I want to be. Don’t think I’m there yet
- What was the last thing you bought?
New jeans, one size smaller than the previous one. I felt sexy just trying them on!
- Ever failed a subject?
Surprisingly, no. Came close often enough
- If you were allowed to vandalize something, what would it be?
Lady Gaga’s wardrobe
- What/who is the most dialed number on your phone?
The three most important girls in my life. Wife, sister, partner. Girija, Nikita, Tarana. My personal Trimurti