Dubai is a city that celebrates success in ways that are simply extravagant. It is truly a merchant capital. The pecuniary side of the business mogul churns out millions of inches in column space, where every business facet is packaged across various platforms.
But, somewhere in that, the person who made it all happen gets lost.
So, here’s to the person they were before they became the someone we know.
Japinder Kaur is a Dubai born Bollywood director whose debut film was Dilliwaali Zaalim Girlfriend. She runs her production house, JAP Films in Dubai and loves writing, reading and spending time with her friends and family. We asked her to give us candid, she gave us candid and then some.
- What was the last book you read?
Say You’re One of Them by Uwem Akpan<
- What does your mum call you?
Nancy, it’s a nickname that not a lot of people know about.
- What’s the lie you use most often?
That I’ve read the email and I’m just about to reply. Honestly, I’m more of a face to face kind of person.
- What is your favorite possession?
My 200 carat emerald with a tiger necklace designed by Farah Khan Ali.
- When you say 5 minutes, how far away are you really?
Maybe about 15 minutes.
- If not Dubai, where?
- What do you really want that you don’t have yet?
A baby pink studded Rolls Royce.
- What is your worst habit?
Taking a nap when I have a lot of pending work.
- A song that you know from start to finish –
Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding.
- What kind of charity would you support?
Education for underprivileged children; the right education and moral development is the answer to all problems today.
- Ever been thrown out of a club for bad behavior?
I’m the person who gets other people thrown out.
- Favorite comic?
- What was the last thing you bought?
I’m guilty of shopping everyday; a fuschia pink Valentino dress and a grey Hermes Kelly bag.
- Ever failed a subject?
Once. Arabic in Grade 2 because I got confused with the subjects and the only answer I knew on the test was my name.
- Which film dialogue resonates the most with you?
“You know, sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. And I promise you something great will come out of it” – We Bought A Zoo
- If you were given a paint can and a wall, what would you graffiti on it?
Something representing world peace.
- What/who is the most dialed number on your phone?
- Going out or staying in?
- Ever been tattooed?
Never, the idea terrifies me.
- Your favorite drink.