Mahesh Tourani is the owner of Wassumulls Establishment, founded in 1950 and today one of the most respected and reputed trading houses in Dubai. He also actively manages a diverse portfolio of equities, bonds, hedge funds, venture capital and international real estate.
- What was the last book you read?
- When did you make your first million?
When I was about 20-21 years old.
- What does your mum call you?
- Who did you have your first crush on?
When I was 14, I thought Madhubala was an ethereal beauty.
- What’s the lie you use most often?
I never lie.
- What is your favorite possession?
- What was the first car you bought?
A Fiat, which I bought as soon as I got my license when I was 18. I still remember I had paid Rs.18,500 for it because I didn’t want to wait another day to buy it.
- Describe yourself in 1 word.
- One embarrassing thing about you no one knows
I have a tendency to talk to myself.
- If not Dubai, where?
- If you were a superhero, you’d be?
- A song that you know from start to finish
Kehna hai from Padosan, Hotel California and Bohemian Rhapsody.
- What kind of charity would you support?
Anything to do with children. I believe they’re the most underprivileged.
- Ever been thrown out of a club for bad behavior?
Yes, once but I have to say it wasn’t because of anything I did.
- Complete ‘I am who I am…’
Because I am transparent.
- Favorite comic?
- The one thing you will never give up no matter what
- Which concert would you drop everything to go for?
- Complete ‘once upon a time…’
There used to be civility.
- Which film dialogue resonates the most with you?
“Babumoshai, zindagi aur maut uparwale ke haath hai jahanpanah. Usse na toh aap badal sakte hain na main. Hum sab toh rangmanch ki kathputhliyan hain jinki dor uparwale ki ungliyon main bandhi hain. Kab, kaun, kaise uthega yeh koi nahi bata sakta hai” – Anand