Mahvish Gul is a professor of Economics at the American University of Dubai (AUD), a public speaker and co-founder of the Dubai chapter of CARE, the biggest private charity organisation in Pakistan. Bright, witty and fun, Mahvish truly breaks all stereotypes and is probably one of the most candid people we have ever met.
- What was the last book you read?
‘World Order’ by Henry Kissinger.
- What does your mum call you?
- Who did you have your first crush on?
Imran Khan (Former Pakistan Cricket team Captain). I was 11.
- What was the first car you bought?
Mercedes, E 200
- Describe yourself in 1 word.
- When you say 5 minutes, how far away are you really?
Half an hour, give or take!
- If not Dubai, where?
Right now… nowhere. Love this place with all my heart
- What do you really want that you don’t have yet?
6 hours of sleep in one night. I’m an insomniac
- What was your graduating score?
3.9GPA (Yes. I’m a nerd!)
- What’s your worst habit?
Over-thinking. Overanalyzing and stressing out.
- If you were a superhero, you’d be?
Super-Man: I would love to fly, high, in a seamless sky… corny, but totally true!
- A song that you know from start to finish-
A zillion hindi movie songs from the 50s to the present. But a song I sing and dance to is “Ek ladki ko dekha toh
aisa laga” 1942 – A Love Story
- If you were PM for a day, you would?
Make education compulsory and state-funded for all.
- What kind of charity would you support?
Provide free education. And I do! I’m the co-founder of the Dubai Chapter of Pakistan- based Charity ’CARE’ that provides free education to underpriviledged children in Pakistan
- Complete ‘once upon a time…
There was a girl with fire in her eyes and she promised herself that it would stay alight- forever
- Ever been thrown out of a club for bad behavior?
Never! I’m a good (read boring) sorta’ girl. No smoking, no drinking
- Your favorite drink-
Diet coke! Can’t finish a meal without it.
- Complete ‘I am who I am…’
As I am comfortable in my own skin.
- Which film dialogue resonates the most with you?
“Nobody puts baby in a corner”- Dirty Dancing.
- What/who is the most dialed number on your phone?
Phone?! No one. Whatsapp took care of that!