Sachin Gokhale is the Head of Business and Vice President at IndiaCast (Colors TV, MTV India and Rishtey Asia). Candid, witty and sharp; he was truly delightful to speak to.
- What was the last book you read?
The last book I read was East West – a collection of short stories by Salman Rushdie
- When did you make your first million?
When I was 32 years old!
- What does your mum call you?
Sachu! I however, dislike being called that way
- What’s the lie you use most often?
I am an honest person. The biggest lie would probably be ‘I’m in a meeting, I’ll call you back!’
- What was the first car you bought?
My first car was Hyundai Santro back when I was in India
- Describe yourself in 1 word.
- When you say 5 minutes, how far away are you really?
It would actually mean 15 mins away!
- Your pet peeve.
My Indecisiveness is one of my biggest pet peeves
- Going out or staying in?
It all depends on who I am with.
- What’s your worst habit?
I would say my worst habit would be trying to please others and sometimes at the cost of my own happiness.
- If you were a superhero, you’d be?
- A song that you know from start to finish-
Forever young – Bob Dylan
- Ever had long hair?
Yes, I had a ponytail for a while when I was in college pursuing Engineering.
- Complete ‘once upon a time…’
Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there lived a boy who made castles out of sand.
- Ever been thrown out of a club for bad behavior?
Yes, for breaking a considerable number of wine glasses.
- Favorite comic?
Calvin and Hobbes is my favourite comic!
- The one thing you will never give up no matter what-
I would never give up on my drive to do more and be more in life
- Which concert would you drop everything to go for?
That would definitely be Rogers Waters playing with Pink Floyd at the London O2 Arena
- Which film dialogue resonates the most with you?
Hope is a Good thing, maybe the Best of Things, and no Good Thing ever Dies (The Shawshank Redemption)
- What/who is the most dialed number on your phone?
I have to say that would be My Wife!