Dubai is a city that celebrates success in ways that are simply extravagant. It is truly a merchant capital. The pecuniary side of the business mogul churns out millions of inches in column space, where every business facet is packaged across various platforms.
But, somewhere in that, the person who made it all happen gets lost.
So, here’s to the person they were before they became the someone we know.
Originally from Mumbai, Subodh Shah graduated from St. John’s University in New York, USA with a degree in computer science, with the aim of being an integral part of the industry. However, hailing from a family of four generations businessmen, the lure of joining a family business was too strong and he soon found himself looking after a small granite business his father had started. Under Shah’s able leadership, the business grew on to become a huge success story, acquiring 40% market share, and secured its place firmly as a market leader. Founded in 2014, Grani Marmo Classic Stones Factory LLC is UAE’s leading supplier of natural and engineered stone.
- What was the last book you read?
Positive Thinking – Vincent Norman
- What was the first car you bought?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- If not Dubai, where?
- Your pet peeve.
When people lie, even though I know the truth.
- What was your graduating score?
- Going out or staying in?
- If you were a superhero, you’d be?
I am my daughter’s superhero, and very happy to be that for them
- If you were Prime Minister for a day, you would?
I would get religion separated from politics
- What kind of charity would you support?
Female education and animals welfare centers
- Complete ‘Once upon a time…’
I had some hair
- Ever been thrown out of a club for bad behavior?
- Ever been whacked?
- Favorite comic?
Tom & Jerry
- What was the last thing you bought?
A Jaguar car
- Which concert would you drop everything to go for?
- If you were allowed to vandalize something, what would it be?
I would not do it
- If you were given a paint can and a wall, what would you graffiti on it?
- What/who is the most dialed number on your phone?
- The one thing you will never give up no matter what?